BDS 2014 Summer Links

Below is a round-up of what has been posted here this summer. Hope you enjoy. And as always, if you ever have questions, feel free to ask, either in the comments, on twitter, or through e-mail.





In a two-part post, I look at the basics of a Cover 1 Defense, and then the adjustments that can be made within that defense. Applies strongly to Nebraska, Minnesota, and Michigan.

LINK 1

LINK 2



A look at OSU's offense. How it dates back to the old single wing offense. Also, how OSU will utilize more 2-back sets this year and what that means for defenses.

LINK 1

LINK 2



A look at Nebraska's use of a single high defense against run heavy defenses. Single-high defenses have some strengths and weaknesses, but this article discusses some of the adjustments that need to be made in the event that the DL is struggling.

LINK



This looked at PSU's offense last year, which included a zone run scheme with a simplied pass game.

LINK



Here we look at Northwestern's offense, and how it changes, yet remains similar by changing from a running QB to a pass heavy QB

LINK



I took a look at defending the speed option with a single high and a two-high defense.

LINK 1 (Two High)

LINK 2 (Cover 1)



I took a look at the Cover 4 defense, which is the base (about 90% of plays) for MSU, and the now base for OSU as of 2014 (as well as Wisconsin more than likely). In the first link, I look at the basics of the cover 4, and in the second link, I look at the difficulty of playing safety (and why it is my belief that picking on the safeties is where to attack this defense) in this coverage.

LINK 1

LINK 2



I took a quick look at the Minnesota run game, which is a pistol heavy, Power O and zone based running attack.

LINK



I discuss briefly the advantages and disadvantages of implementing an up-tempo look into an offense.

LINK



I gave my thoughts on Michigan's open Fall Scrimmage, for what I could, anyway

LINK



I took a look at the utilization of an H-back in the run game. Tomorrow, a post about the versatility of the H-back in the passing attack will go up as well to complement this piece.

LINK


-------

If you have any questions or comments, please put them below. Any chance to talk football I always enjoy. Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Fundamentals: Twins Passing Concepts

Football Fundamentals: 2x2 and Mirrored Passing Concepts

Football Fundamentals: The Tite Front Defense